Important Bug Notice
Currently when joining servers on this release when the map loads, it loads the MenuMap. You are still connected to the server you joined, you just need to go to GameMenu > Play and you will be on their server. I am working on a fix right now, not sure why it is doing it but I will find out why. I made some changes to the default inis and cook options this time around. Think that's where the problem may lie. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Download Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!ydk3zTAD!fmMd_xRw-Ys3S12uZlSJChgBbOIYTIcmFHfHtH5v3ug
Running the map for single player play
You can still do the below method for Single Player, but right now you should be able to install, go to Game Menu and hit play and be ready to go.
- Create a batch file (.bat file) (rename a text file .bat and edit it with notepad)
- Put the following C:\PathToRokkitInstallation\Rokkit\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe R-Revival?TimeLimit=0?GoalScore=25
- You can also add -windowed in to make it windowed and -resx=1600 -resy=900 to change the screen size
Server setup and client connection
Pasted from the txt file in the download link (Note: Disregard that text file, I messed up the instructions in their a bit. I need to rewrite them. The ones below however are fine.)
- Code: Select all
Server Setup Instructions
In your Rokkit installation folder browse to Binaries\Win32\ and
find UDK.exe - Or alternatively you can create this file anywhere.
Create a batch file
type the following in a batch file (create a new text file and rename it a .bat with the
following in it)
My server bat file has the following
C:\Games\Rokkit\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe server R-Revival?GoalScore=25?TimeLimit=0?Port=7777
server tells the game to run a server in a cmd window. R-Revival is the map name. GoalScore sets the
goals needed to win the game. TimeLimit is pretty self explanitory. Port is the servers port you
need to open.
Client connection instructions
If computer is on the same Internet (LAN) as the server
open up the console in game by hitting ~ (tilde) or
tab if that doesn't work. Then type
That should connect you to the server.
If you have all your ports open right find out your
ip address and type it in the same way
open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx optionally you can do it this way
open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx (4x's are the port number)
Any questions / Problems please let me know
Warning: Game is in a pre-alpha state. May work, may not work at all! Any bugs and problems with the build please let me know. In this thread for now is fine i'll probably move the discussion to a new thread at some point when it becomes to large but we are a small community at the moment.
Quick overview of controls
- Movement: WASD keys
- Sprint: Left Shift key
- Rocket Launcher: 1 Key
- Grav Gun: 2 Key
- Score Menu: F1 Key
Goal system works fine. Ball respawns after 3 seconds after scoring from the middle. Looking for a way to disable the annoying text-to-voice chat. Should be in next release.
Any bugs you come across please let me know. Also know the Grav gun is DEFINATELY not in a final state.
Version: 0.1.1 Changelist - 8/7/2013
Everything in blue is done. Everything else still needs to be done for next update.
- Added Main Menu
- Main menu: 3 options right now - Game Menu, Settings, and Exit
- Game Menu: Play and Exit buttons (Play brings up a singple player match on R-Revival)
- Video Settings: Resolution, Fullscreen
- Sound Settings: Blank at the moment
- Goal Score Values
- Goal Values: 1 point, 2 points, 5 points
- Tweaked Double Jump and Grav Gun
- Gravity Increased: Down from -520 to -650
- Grav Gun Impulse: Was 1750, now 2000
- Max Jump Height: Was 626, now 725
- Max Double Jump Height: Was 1150, now 1450
- Refire Time (Rocket Launcher): Was 1 (or 1.25, not sure), now 1.5
- Added Gun Energy
- Max Energy: 100
- Energy Reduction when Hit: 35 Points of energy
- Energy Recharge/Drain Limiter for GravGun: 12.0
- Drops the ball when hit by a Rocket
- Drains energy when holding the ball
- When Gun Energy hits 0, Player drops the ball
- Goal Bouncers
- Bounce players in the reverse direction if they enter the goal
- Character Changes
- Pawn Scale: Was 1, now 1.2
- Cam Height: Change from 70 to 87.5
- Cam Offset Distance: Up from 250 to 325
- Up and Down mouse look range
- View Pitch: Was (13000, -13000), now (14000, -14000)
- Ball Restitution and Friction
- Friction: Was 0.7 now 0.75
- Restitution (Bounciness): Was 0.44 now 0.46 (A value of 1 bounces 100% back to the original position)